Friday, August 1, 2008

A Day in the Life

of a military family. DH is active duty Navy. This morning he left for Middle East. Last year Mr Mann left for Middle East and a friend recommended www.daddydolls.com. It was the greatest thing for Blue eyed boy to be able to carry around his Daddy and listen to the voice recording.

This time around it isn't as long as a time. Somehow its harder. Maybe because Mr Mann and I have come so far along since that time. Our relationship has had its ups and downs we still came out of it. I tried to explain to Blue eyed boy that Daddy left to work on the airplanes far away to help bring home other Mommy and Daddy's. He is also keeping us safe from all the bad guys in the world. I hope on some level in an almost 3 year old world he understands.

I was fine with all of this until we got home today and my son saw his Daddy's truck in the driveway. He started clapping and saying"YAY! Daddy is home now!" Ugh.

My heart goes out to all military families.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Mr Mann is in our prayers as he serves our country! Thanks!